[Adonthell-devel] Graphics update

From: Tyler Nielsen
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Graphics update
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 18:09:52 -0600

Everyone,

I'm back from my trip.  I thought I would send out a status update.  I have a first pass at an animation class on my computer, and it's almost ready to be commited.  It doesn't have XML support yet.  As a result, there is a hard coded load function so it can be tested.

In general I modeled it after the code that was in 0.3, however I made one significant change.  In 0.3, movement was isolated to tiles, so if you move a direction you move the complete tile  You cannot stop in the middle or change direction.  I thought 0.4 was supposed to have pixel perfect movement.  (So you can move X pixels up and then move right even though you are in between two tiles).  But looking at the documentation now, I'm not sure where I got that idea from.  The question I have is, should I revert back to the (slightly simpler) 0.3 implementation?

Tyler