Re: Re: [Adonthell-devel] CMake

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: Re: [Adonthell-devel] CMake
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:21:10 -0700

On 9/17/06, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

It stops with an error (see below).

Sorry, forget about that. I could fix it myself. However, make does fail:

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /Users/kai/adonthell/adonthell
Tenebrae:~/adonthell/adonthell kai$ make
Scanning dependencies of target adonthell_python
[  1%] Building CXX object src/python/CMakeFiles/adonthell_python.dir/callback.o
[  3%] Building CXX object src/python/CMakeFiles/adonthell_python.dir/method.o
[  4%] Building CXX object src/python/CMakeFiles/adonthell_python.dir/pool.o
[  6%] Building CXX object src/python/CMakeFiles/adonthell_python.dir/python.o
[  7%] Building CXX object src/python/CMakeFiles/adonthell_python.dir/script.o
Linking CXX shared library libadonthell_python.dylib
ld: Undefined symbols:
_PyObject_CallObject
__ZN4base9functor_0C2EPFvRKNS_12functor_baseEEPvPFvvEPKvm
__ZN4base9functor_0C2Ev
__ZN4base9functor_0D2Ev
__ZTIN4base9functor_0E
_PyCallable_Check
[more undefined symbols ...]

Is there a way to view the actual command that was executed? That
might make it easier to figure out what is missing and why stuff goes
wrong. One thing seems to be that libpython is compiled before libbase
and it also seems to lack proper python library to link against. In
fact, on OSX /usr/lib/libpython2.3.dylib is just a symlink to
../../System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Python.
The reason for that seems to be that there is no shared python library
to link against, only a Python Framework which is probably an
Apple-style shared library. If you look at the configure.in, you'll
see that there is a test to check for the framework instead of the
shared lib. I guess that the cmake script will need something similar.
Also note that it could find the SDL Framework (in the output of the
previous mail), even though I also have shared libraries of SDL
available ... ;-).