Re: [Adonthell-devel] CMake

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] CMake
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 19:23:18 +0200

On 9/19/06, Joël Vennin <address@hidden> wrote:

I seems that apple is a bit specific, however we should be able to solve all
issues using CMake (Kde compile under macosx using CMake). I wish have
sometime this early morning to add/fix some stuff inside CMake files.

Well, for now I wouldn't worry too much about OSX. Just finish the
Linux/Windows build and I can probably adress any OSX issues myself.
There is some information in the CMake Wiki to help me with that once
everything else is in place.

You can information about what it is done during make process using line:
#> make VERBOSE=1

Great. That'll be useful.

That aside, I ran into issues with cmake on windows too. What it boils
down to is that you can only create a windows-style cmake with
msys/mingw. But I would like to have a Unix-style cmake as all
dependencies for Adonthell are installed Unix-like. What it boils down
to is that cmake does not find stuff in /usr/local as it does not know
how to deal with such a path. OTOH, when build with cygwin it would
behave Unix-like, but the whole point of struggling with msys was to
get rid of cygwin.

So I am kind of lost. Maybe (and I guess that's just the price you
have to pay when dealing with windows) I should accept that, run
CMakeSetup and point it manually to all the required libs and
includes. I'm not used to this stuff and find it quite a step
backwards, but maybe I'm just too set in my unixish ways ;-). On the
bright side, you only have to do that once ... so maybe its a small
price to pay for getting a windows build working.