[Adonthell-devel] Re: Win32/CMake progress

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Win32/CMake progress
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 15:11:10 -0700

On 1/13/07, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

Next thing on my todo list, get make install working for CMake build.

Finally found some time and motivation to get that done :-). It's
still somewhat flawed though:

While everything installs just where it should, I cannot get it to
load the backend modules when running one of the test executables or
scripts:

   Tenebrae:~/adonthell/adonthell/test kai$ python eventtest.py
   *** warning: directory '/usr/local/share/games/adonthell/games//'
cannot be accessed!
   *** warning: directory '/usr/local/share/games/adonthell/games//'
cannot be accessed!
   Failed to load module /usr/local/lib/adonthell/main/sdl: file not found

But:

   Tenebrae:~/adonthell/adonthell/test kai$ ls /usr/local/lib/adonthell/main/
   sdl             sdl.dylib       sdl.so

Usually there is only sdl.so, but I created those copies to check if
ltdl tries to find the module with a different name.

It might have something to do with the modules not being created by
libtool. Anyone has any experience with that? Otherwise I'll have to
debug stuff to see what the problem might be.

A second, smaller issue is that the python stuff isn't installed in
the Python Framework on OSX, so I'll have to add some workaround for
that, just like with the old build system.