[Adonthell-devel] Re: Progress, plans and bugs

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Progress, plans and bugs
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 06:11:09 +0200

On 5/25/07, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

I noticed out that some parts of the surface
class cannot be used unless we actually display a window.

In fact, I noticed the same again when testing the world python
wrappers. It's the surface::resize() method that wants to access
parameters of the screen surface. I changed it to use default
parameters if the screen is not initialized yet.

I also had some thoughts about a roadmap after we actually got the
lil' demo done. Expect something for discussion soon ...

Added a page to the Wiki:
http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Tasks:Road_Map . Use that or
the associated talk page for discussion, so that it won't be buried in
the ML archive. Still need to add links to actual tasks or create new
tasks for some of the milestones.

Other changes I've committed over the weekend include a fix to the
autotool build system. If USE_LIBTOOL was defined, the backend modules
would end up with wrongly named symbols. That was in there since I had
renamed the backend modules for the Win32 build. Makes me wonder
whether everyone uses CMake to build?

I also found out about a nice feature of Swig. It can add code
documentation to the wrappers it creates. See
http://www.swig.org/Doc1.3/Python.html#Python_nn67 . I've enabled it
for all our wrappers.