[Adonthell-devel] Re: New world test app

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: New world test app
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 22:46:24 -0700

On 6/9/07, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

* I also noticed that one of the character animations (south) doesn't
appear to load properly. All the colors are wrong on my Mac, so it
looks like an endian issue to me. The other directions look fine
though. Could they be in a different format (RGB vs. RGBA)?

It seems that the "faulty" images had indeed an alpha channel. The
problem was that we expected images with alpha channel to be in ARGB
format, whereas PNGs come as RGBA. I fixed that for loading (but not
yet for saving) and the colors look fine now. There is still an issue
with the mask, though. It's not transparent as it is supposed to be
and remains pink instead. I tried playing around with SDL_MapRGB and
SDL_MapRGBA in conjunction with SDL_SetColorKey, but it didn't change
anything.

OTOH, it's kind of stupid to use a mask when we have an alpha channel
;-). Should it really becomes an issue, we might add a little routine
that sets all FF00FF colored pixels to fully transparent on loading.
But people should really do that when creating the image.