[Adonthell-devel] Work in progress

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Work in progress
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 16:40:18 +0200

Y'all,

been some time since the last update. I finally got things to a state
where everything compiles again, so I decided to commit stuff. Since
now the grid is gone, the collision code is now relying on data coming
from the octree, and I haven't managed to get the alignment correct
yet. So until the next change, the character keeps falling through the
ground.

Anyway, I'm back coding (at least a little bit). Have to see if it's
enough for an Alpha 3 release this month ... might well be October,
but I'd really like to continue with a small update every 6 months.
Depending on how fast I can fix the current issues, map loading/saving
will make it in or not. I'd rather work on that than trying to fix
stuff that was already working ... but I also don't want the code base
degrade even before v0.4 is ready ;-).

Cheers! Hope to get back with more news soon,