[Adonthell-devel] Re: Status update

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Status update
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 23:17:45 +0200

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Kai Sterker<address@hidden> wrote:

>> * Controls to influence the grid (toggle on/off, specify offset and size).
>
> Thought I could do that today, but actually anything GUI bores me at
> the moment ;-). Unfortunately, this was going to be the next step on
> my list:
>
> * Add grid controls (as I feel they will be neccessary), then release tools.

Done now, at least partially. That makes mapedit v0.1 complete, as far
as I am concerned.

> * Build a ground-level map of Waste's Edge (requires some more
> graphics to be upscaled, but grumbel has already done a lot of work on
> that! :-))

Started with that, but it turns out that a tool for creating the
actually models from the graphics would be very helpful. So today I've
started work on modeller. Turns out that it is not so simple if it is
done correctly, since models can get quite complex:

http://github.com/ksterker/adonthell/blob/c5dbbc2d4c656a430056fbd3f2feace7c549e3ba/test/data/models/map/ground/outside/meadow.xml

Basically you can have multiple sprites, each of which can be
represented by multiple shapes. So I did come up with the following UI
(see attached shot). I'll see if I can fill in the most basic editing
functionality over the next couple days. Won't be anything fancy,
though, but hopefully enough for creating basic models.