[Adonthell-devel] Status update ...

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Status update ...
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 11:31:32 +0100

Y'all,

Did a little bit of work over the holidays, but most of it went into
setting up a fresh development environment on OSX 10.6. GCC on that
one is still hopelessly outdated (4.2), but at least it's a 64bit
system now. Right now I have the engine up and running and am
currently in the process of installing GTK+ to continue work on the
editors.

For those generally interested in OSX binaries. Seeing how things go,
I intend to provide a 64bit Intel only package for 10.6 (and up) and
-- as long as the old iBook continues to work -- a PPC binary for use
on 10.4 and 10.5, either natively or through Rosetta.

Another thing to note: I did try out SDL 1.2.14 to see if the issues
we had seen on OSX have been fixed, but to no avail. The funny thing
is, I can start worldtest and it will look and run just fine. But as
soon as I initiate dialogue I get a black screen and only the focus
border shows up. Maybe I can run it through valgrind once more, but I
don't think anything will come of that. Probably best to waste no more
time on this and default to SDL 1.3 on OSX.

Kai

P.S. There's some more time to work on stuff before the end of the
year and early next year, so hopefully some progress to report soon.