[Adonthell-devel] GTK+ OSX 10.6 64bit notes

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] GTK+ OSX 10.6 64bit notes
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 13:27:30 +0100

Not sure if anyone else is attempting this, but here are some of the
issues I had to work around in order for things to run properly.

This is when installing GTK+ from http://gtk-osx.sourceforge.net/.

When compiling glib, I got:

gconvert.c:55:2: error: #error GNU libiconv not in use but included
iconv.h is from libiconv

The solution is to install a recent version of libiconv (1.13.1 worked
fine for me).

The ige-mac-integration stuff will not build on a 64bit system, as it
uses a deprecated API that is only available in 32bit OSX. That means
no native look and feel for our editors, but no big deal. So ignore
that one.

Finally, when running one of our tools, I got:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found:
_cairo_quartz_font_face_create_for_atsu_font_id
  Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.0.dylib
  Expected in: flat namespace

Installing pango 1.26.2 instead of the ancient 1.24 that came with
GTK+ resolved this.

Now that I have everything setup, I can finally go back to coding :-).