[Adonthell-devel] Re: Small update

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Small update
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 16:12:26 +0100

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 5:52 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> Been fairly busy with other stuff lately, so there isn't much progress
> to talk about. Last commit was the beginning of zone support in
> mapedit. Worked a little bit more on that today, and I hope to have it
> working soon.

Zone support is now in, however not complete. Zones can be created,
edited and removed, but there is no preview in the map view yet.
Nevertheless, I've added a test render zone to the worldtest map and
you can try out the effect by walking under the big platform.

Now it would be interesting to test the code with a real building,
like the Redwyne Inn. So I'll try to spend some time on the Waste's
Edge map and see if I can get something worth showing. If I do, I
might capture a video and make a news item out of that for the
Adonthell website. Last one was from October. Actually, I think the
pathfinding might make for a nice little video too. Just to show some
aspects of the engine, without forcing people to spent hours on
compiling and running stuff.