[Adonthell-devel] Unit testing in Adonthell

From: Josh Glover
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Unit testing in Adonthell
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 08:24:53 +0000

Guys,

I've finally crossed my tees and dotted my eyes (WTF?) with respect to
unit testing in Adonthell. To see it in action:

cd adonthell
git pull git://github.com/ksterker/adonthell.git HEAD
cd ../adonthell-build
cd ../adonthell \
  && ./autogen.sh; \
  retval=$?; \
  cd -; \
  test $retval \
  && ../adonthell/configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-dev-build \
  && make check

Note the new "--enable-dev-build" configure flag and the use of the
"check" target.

"--enable-dev-build" does two things:

1) Adds "-g" to our CXXFLAGS
2) Requires googletest and googlemock

I recommend that developers always use the --enable-dev-build flag,
and run "make check" instead of just make.

I also recommend that developers write unit tests for their code. ;)

--
Cheers,
Josh