Re: [Adonthell-devel] Unit testing in Adonthell

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Unit testing in Adonthell
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 11:41:03 +0100

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Josh Glover <address@hidden> wrote:

> D'oh! You need these two patches:
>
> *
> http://groups.google.com/group/googletestframework/browse_thread/thread/49a10a713d016128
> *
> http://groups.google.com/group/googlemock/browse_thread/thread/af151f3a605e1656
>
> Sorry. This of course means that you will need to build googletest and
> googlemock from source, but that shouldn't slow you guys down much. :)

That's what I do anyway, at least on platforms where installing things
are more complicated than apt-get install <package> ;-).

>> Not sure how easy it would be, but replicating the modules
>> under test/ and keeping mocks and test cases there might be a way to
>> keep things at least a little bit clearer.
>
> That was my original plan, but it was a bit of a PITA. I think that as
> long as we follow the convention that the tests for class foo are in
> test_foo.cc, it will at least line up all the tests in the output of
> ls.

Yeah, no need to worry too much about that. What we can do, maybe, is
add exclusion patterns to doxygen, so we don't get API documentation
for tests and mocks (unless somebody would find that benefical).