[Adonthell-devel] Re: Code improvements and next steps ...

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Code improvements and next steps ...
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 22:01:57 +0200

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 9:31 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> Well, first untested code committed (unit tests are difficult to
> create in that case, as a lot of the actual logic is deep inside the
> python wrappers). In theory, it should now be possible to load
> location based object interactions stored in the map file. I could
> manually add something and write a little script to try it out, but I
> think I'll skip that and start work on the map editor interface
> instead.

Map editor can now be used to set location based actions. The scripts
have to be located in schedules/obj/ inside the data directory.

The next step will be to extend schedules/char/actions.py to actually
launch the action assigned to a location. Then I can start writing
some useful actions (like the speech bubble thing), which will likely
require some additions to the engine first.

Mapedit might also require some additional changes to be more useable:
an indicator which location has an action assigned and a way to clear
an action again.