[Adonthell-devel] Re: Some open issues

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Some open issues
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 16:57:38 +0100

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 11:25 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

>> [2] When walking, the round shadow is clipped on the side the
>> character is facing and more so when walking faster. Since shadow
>> position is calculated after the character move, I'm not sure what
>> might cause this. But somewhere there must be a bounding box that's
>> offset by the character's velocity and causes this effect.
>
> Figured out the cause while working on the issue above. Also
> implemented a fix, but its not perfect yet.
[...]
> Haven't looked at number three yet. But I also found another thing:
> Initially, no shadow is rendered.

Completely fixed the shadow clipping and got the fix for the missing
shadow for free. Apparently, it must have been rendered somewhere,
just not at the location where the character was standing.

That only leaves the jumping issue no [3] above. But I'll rather focus
on some of the optimisations first.

Kai

P.S.: Also fixed a number of issues with the SDL 1.3 code. Works on
both ppc and x86 now, provided that the latest SDL snapshot is used.