[Adonthell-devel] Some open issues

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Some open issues
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 19:16:09 +0100

After the SDL 1.3 stuff is done, I started looking into some of the
issues that I'm aware of, to get things a bit more polished. The
issues being

1. Shadow rendering on the stairs
2. Shadow clipped when moving
3. Hitting the ceiling while jumping

Working on number 1 right now. The others are:

[2] When walking, the round shadow is clipped on the side the
character is facing and more so when walking faster. Since shadow
position is calculated after the character move, I'm not sure what
might cause this. But somewhere there must be a bounding box that's
offset by the character's velocity and causes this effect.

[3] When hitting the ceiling while jumping, the z velocity is not set
to zero immediately. Instead, the normal decreasing of momentum takes
place, while at the same time the ceiling prevents the character from
rising any higher. In effect, the character appears to be floating for
a short while before falling down again. Similar checks that are in
place for hitting the ground must also be made for hitting the
ceiling.

Help with 2 and 3 welcome,