Re: [Adonthell-devel] compilation & test problems

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] compilation & test problems
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 20:27:35 +0200

2011/7/28 Michał Kaliński <address@hidden>:

> Yes, I have it in the home directory.
> I think a good way would be to add an "Installing in custom folder"
> section after "GNU Autotools based build", since none of the build
> descriptions mention how to change prefixes.

That would be a suitable place, I guess.

> I didn't really set any other enviroment variables than PYTHONPATH
> (specifically for adonthell, anyway), but I think setting PYTHONPATH
> is adequately described on python's website. Did anyone have some
> specific problems with PYTHONPATH?

Interesting. I thought at least ADONTHELL_MODULES_PATH would be
required. But then again, you do install it and the "hardcoded" path
will point to the proper prefix. And it appears all the shared
libraries also have the proper rpath set. That's not so bad!

Actually, I assume it might even be possible to set the proper python
path from within the code itself, so that everything will work as long
as everything gets installed properly, regardless of the prefix. We do
it already for the scripts inside the data directory, so why not for
the actual python wrappers as well? See src/main/adonthell.cc:97

> Does the above description sound right?

Yes, sounds good.

> I used "GNU Autotools project" from a plugin. There's no eclipse
> support for cmake as far as I know. I use eclipse 3.7 so maybe there's
> a regression (I think I found some complaints somewhere, but they were
> about other things).

Can't say much there. The way I have set it up, Eclipse just runs the
same make target(s) I'd use when building from the command line. So
the errors and warnings are the same. Wonder why it's different in
your case. Might have something to do with the plugin you use?