Re: [Adonthell-devel] Crash in mapedit

From: Chris Frey
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Crash in mapedit
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 15:33:02 -0400

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 09:25:27PM +0200, Kai Sterker wrote:
> I've added AUTHORS, ChangeLog and NEWS files, but I am a bit unsure
> about config.rpath. It already had an entry in the .gitignore file, as
> I assumed that it is a generated file (unlike the other three). I do
> have the file locally, but can't really say how it came to be there.
> Can you perhaps reproduce the error you were getting?

config.rpath is used by the AM_ICONV and gettext code as I understand it.

In my experience, it is copied when you run 'autopoint' during the
autoconfig process, but apparently not all systems copy this file over.
I think FreeBSD had this problem.

It doesn't change very often, and having a copy doesn't interfere with
the autoconf process, so it is one of those few files that I've added,
even though it can be copied/generated.

- Chris