Re: [Adonthell-devel] Adonthell Wiki needs a new home

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Adonthell Wiki needs a new home
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 20:39:50 +0200

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 6:21 AM, Josh Glover <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Any suggestions? Anyone knows what other projects with a Wiki at
>> Berlios are doing?
>
> GitHub has a wiki, right? What about moving the BerliOS content over there?

So does Sourceforge. Could probably re-activate our project page
there. The problem in both cases would be importing the current
content (about 300 pages and 180 files according to the statistics:
http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Special:Statistics).

The only viable solution appears to be importing the complete
database, which would need the mediawiki schema in version 1.16 or
higher. And then ftp or scp all the images directly to where they need
to sit in the file system. Otherwise it could be quite a bit of a
project to move all the stuff manually.