ant-phone-devel

Re: [Ant-phone-devel] Query

From: Roland Stigge
Subject: Re: [Ant-phone-devel] Query
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 11:07:11 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 09:02, Paul wrote:
>       * Does ANT provide voice over IP

No voice over IP.

>       * the ISDN Modem

And also no "modem". That's the great thing about ISDN that we don't
need a modem (but an ISDN inferface to directly plug into the (digital)
S0-bus or something similar).

ANT is just a telephone software replacing an ISDN telephone by
computer+ISDNinterface+software+headset(or_similar).

>       * Would you use this as a means of receiving incoming calls,
>         routing and tracking them

Yes.

>         and integrating call data to other applications?

Yes, but this will (have to) be improved.

>       * Could you provide me with some practical examples of how you
>         have deployed and used the application.

I just use my computer as a telephone. But with the already existing and
yet to be extended interfaces to other applications some integration is
possible. Maybe someone else has made some experiences.

bye,
  Roland