apps-gnustep

ANN: GSburn.app 0.2.2

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: ANN: GSburn.app 0.2.2
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:39:08 +0100

Hi all,
on http://gsburn.sf.net you find a new version of GSburn.app. It is just a maintenance release fixing a couple of issues with the progress panel. There are no features.

Those waiting for GSburn.app to burn not only audio, but also data please be patient. The next release will bring the long awaited data burning feature. At least a fist step towards this goal :-) As a first approach I will build support for burning ISO images, i.e. you may take whatever tool you like (e.g. mkisofs) to prepare an ISO image and the use GSburn to burn it. Later versions will then directly accept arbitrary raw data and create the ISO fs themselves. Also future versions will no longer try to distinguish between audio and data projects. There will only be one type of project accepting audio and data (similar to AerePerennius). Another step towards a kind of audio framework will be that future versions of GSburn.app will no longer handle audio CDs themselves but use AudioCD.bundle currently included in CDPlayer. Apropos, I have decided to change the name. GSburn is ugly. I adopted Fabien's proposaland thus GSburn.app will simply be Burn.app in the future :-)

Thanks for the input and feedback received so far (in particular by Fabien).

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas Heppel

Mail: aheppel at web dot de
Home: http://www.andreasheppel.de

Check out GSburn.app - the CD burning frontend for GNUstep
http://gsburn.sourceforge.net