apps-gnustep

Re: GSburn and FreeDB

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: Re: GSburn and FreeDB
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:59:29 +0100

On 2002-11-19 12:55:29 -0500 Yen-Ju Chen <address@hidden> wrote:

You can get the Cddb from CVS using Cddb as module name.
Ex. cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/musicbox co Cddb
But I change the header of Cddb from CddbProtocol.h to Cddb.h in favor of clean installation.
Therefore, GSBurn need to be modified to use the CVS of Cddb bundle.
Before I do so, let me ask one question. Are there some new features or bug fixes in cddb.bundle which make it necessary to upgrade? Or have there been changes in the interface (which is more importatnt to me)?

We discuss about framework before.
I think the bundles are useful for now.
The media framework will be a collection of bundles.
I have Cddb and Mixer bundles already.
GSBurn and Encod will have a common ripper bundles.
Once every music applicaion use the same bundles,
we can discuss a more integrated framwork.
Yep. I fully agree. In particular since I barely have the time to continue work on Burn.app.
Comes time comes framework as our elders used to say ;-)

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas Heppel

Mail: aheppel at web dot de
Home: http://www.andreasheppel.de

Check out GSburn.app - the CD burning frontend for GNUstep
http://gsburn.sourceforge.net