apps-gnustep

[ANN] Status of GNUstep apps

From: Rubens_Septimus
Subject: [ANN] Status of GNUstep apps
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 05:36:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I started to learn about GNUstep concept with your help a little month ago.
I can now set a correct env and build core and many apps. I learned so many
things in that little month. You are all fantastic. Thanks so much. I love
using GWorkspace, GNUmail in a daily use. So great !

I continue my GNUstep investigation to get something consistent like a
Desktop GNUstep compliant.
Is there any status of GNUstep apps ? Some seem to be orphaned and not
updated since a few years. One example : backbone apps seem to be frozen
since 2004, but the GNUstep official site point to these apps. Are they
outdated and how to find alternatives ?
Ink is a demo, TextEdit is related with the above remark concerning
Blackbone ; TypeWriter seems to be specific with Etoile. So, what is the
better choice with the Editor app within GWorkspace ?
Another example : Wahio or FTP ? Which one is enough accurate for a daily
use ? Etc.
I can find Innerspace in regular debs, but because I build all from source,
I need to buid it too, but the link is broken and I can't download it. I
wonder how to go further now in a more efficient way. I could try svn, but
not sure because I saw GWorkspace was recently broken with svn...
And finally, what about Etoile : are the other GNUstep compliant or broken
with it ?

Patrick