Re: [aspell] aspell and sgml

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell] aspell and sgml
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 10:57:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000 address@hidden wrote:

> Hi,
>     I have got aspell 0.30 and am going to use it to check a
> bunch of DocBook 3.1 sgml, is there any way to get aspell
> to ignore only attributes eg.
> When running aspell it stops at sec in the above, I could skip all,
> but it might leave the bulk of the document with some errors!
> apart form changing all my xref tags to be full proper english
> words, it will be a very time consuming task to recheck a document.

Um, does "aspell --mode=sgml check <file>" do what you want?

Of you want aspell to check certain tags you can use
--add-sgml-check=<tag>.

If you don't want to always specify the tags you want to check you can put
it in a configuration file.  Please see the manual.

---
Kevin Atkinson
address@hidden
http://metalab.unc.edu/kevina/