[aspell] Re: Feature request for aspell

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: [aspell] Re: Feature request for aspell
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 20:34:57 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Someone asked:

> Have you thought of adding a function to aspell, that - when
> the personal dictionary has grown significantly - sends the
> user's personal dictionary to the maintainer of the
> corresponding aspell dictionary? (if the user allows it)
>
> It would be a very useful service to the dictionary
> maintainers, and I think most users can see their benefit in
> it too.

Yes I have considered something like that but not for the personal
dictionaries but rather the replacement word list in order to get better
test data for http://aspell.sourceforge.net/test/.  The problem is I don't
know of a good way to do this sense Aspell can also be used as a library.
It also is not a real high priority, especially sense I would first need
to learn how to send email within a C++ program.

I tried to get people to send me the file by email with little luck.

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net
http://metalab.unc.edu/kevina/