[aspell] Turkish dictionary questions

From: Togan Muftuoglu
Subject: [aspell] Turkish dictionary questions
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 11:28:45 +0200

Hi everyone,

Since aspell can provide international support better compared to
ispell, I am trying to create Turkish dictionary files. I have couple of
questions.

1)for the main dictionary does it always ahve to be single words or can
double words be used. For example there is a word "abur cubur" this is
only meaningfull if it is used like the above. When considered as
separate words it has no meaning.

2) When defining the phonetic data I have a problem. Turkish is spoken
as it is written. There are some grammer rules that make changes to the
ending of the word for example

acik when added an "i" becomes acigi how can I define such rules

TIA

--
Togan Muftuoglu
address@hidden

100% MS FREE
Absolutely no component of Microsoft was used
in the generation or posting of this e-mail. So it is virus free