RE: [aspell] Turkish dictionary questions

From: Jacob Sparre Andersen
Subject: RE: [aspell] Turkish dictionary questions
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 12:59:17 +0100 (MET)

Togan:

> Ok maybe I mispresented my concern. Yes you write
> and read the same. However my idea was if the user
> is not following the proper spelling rule, then
> provide the correct one.
> for example
> kitap (meaning book) is an example of this class
> when you add a suffix to it to make it; that book,
> basicly you need to add "i" at the and of the
> word. However due to the rule in spelling letter
> "p" needs to change to "b" many people make
> mistakes on such uses and that is why I thought of
> raising the question.

So you are supposed to write "kitap" or "kitabi", but
"kitapi" is a common misspelling of "kitabi" because people
forget to change the "p" to a "b"?

> So where do I define such rules ?

One hack could be to claim that "pi" sounds like "bi" at the
end of a word (in the phonetic rules). That way you can be
sure people will get "kitabi" as an alternative suggestion,
if they write "kitapi".

Jacob
--
"Sleep is just a cheap substitute for coffee"