Re: [aspell] Turkish dictionary questions

From: Björn Jacke
Subject: Re: [aspell] Turkish dictionary questions
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 13:05:47 +0100

On 2000-12-19 at 11:17 +0100 Jacob Sparre Andersen sent off:
> > acik when added an "i" becomes acigi how can I define
> > such rules
>
> I am not sure I understand what you mean. If you write
> Turkish exactly as it is pronounced, then you shouldn't
> worry about phonetic data.

No. The phonetic version should be as stripped down as possible, there
are for sure lots of letters and letter combination that sound similar.
In most languages for example m and n sound similar which means they
ought to have the same phonetic. There are probably much more examples
also in Turkish language. A language being written as it is pronounced
does not mean phonetics make no sense.

--
Björn Jacke ·  E-Mail: address@hidden
SuSE GmbH   ·  Schanzäckerstr. 10  ·  90443 Nürnberg  ·  Germany