[Aspell-user] Aspell 0.50.1 on Mac OS X 10.2

From: Marcus Kazmierczak
Subject: [Aspell-user] Aspell 0.50.1 on Mac OS X 10.2
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 00:30:42 -0700

I was able to get Aspell to compile on Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar)
with the Developer Tools, which installs gcc 3.1

An initial straight ./configure does not work, complains about
shared libraries. The following worked for me:

Download Aspell-0.50.1 and Dictionary

$ ./configure --enable-static --disable-shared
$ make
$ make install

Dictionary
$ ./configure
$ make
$ make install

Hopefully some one finds this useful.  Not being a C/C++
developer, I was struggling with it for a little while.

Cheers,

Marcus Kazmierczak
e: address@hidden
h: http://mkaz.com/