RE: [Aspell-user] Linker error when building on Solaris

From: Dormont, Dan (CORP)
Subject: RE: [Aspell-user] Linker error when building on Solaris
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:59:10 -0500

I encountered this same error myself (Solaris 2.8 w/ GCC 2.95).  The
solution that worked for me was to not have GNU ld installed on the system
so that GCC would default to the Solaris ld; then this stopped happening.
But it ought to be possible to compile on Solaris using GNU ld, so I second
Paul's suggestion.

Dan