[Aspell-user] [Q] "Sorry, this is an invalid choice."

From: Rafael Jimenez
Subject: [Aspell-user] [Q] "Sorry, this is an invalid choice."
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:10:18 -0700 (PDT)

Dear list,

I have been able to compile and use aspell (both versions 0.50.3 and
0.50.1) with success under Cygwin, using the following (TERM is set to
'unknown'):

./configure --disable-curses && make
make install

The problem is that when I use aspell to check file foo.txt (aspell -c
foo.txt), I have a problem when trying to fix a word that is mispelled.

I can tell which word is mis-spelled because it is sarrounded by stars
(*), but when attempting to pick one of the offered choices, I'm told
"Sorry, this is an invalid choice." This seems to happen only with
numerical arguments, since the letter options such as 'x' or 'b' are
recognized.

Searching the web I have seen other people that have found this behavior
before, but I couldn't find any hint for solution. Could you please point
me in the right direction.

Thanks.
Rafael