Antw: [Aspell-user] [Q] "Sorry, this is an invalid choice."

From: Christoph Hintermueller
Subject: Antw: [Aspell-user] [Q] "Sorry, this is an invalid choice."
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 15:03:32 +0200

Hi Rafael
The entire part your are addressing is not within my responsibilty so for
definit answer you'll have to wait till kevin has again time to deal with
somethin else than his diploma project and thesis.

>>> Rafael Jimenez <address@hidden> 20.06.03 22.18 Uhr >>>
Dear list,

> I have been able to compile and use aspell (both versions 0.50.3 and
> 0.50.1) with success under Cygwin, using the following (TERM is set to
> 'unknown'):
>
> ./configure --disable-curses && make
> make install
Do i get your right that yo are disablin curses support as you only want to use
pipline interface to aspell. ??
Or do you simply disable curses as you haven't installed it yet? (from the
saying below i do assume pipline interface)

> The problem is that when I use aspell to check file foo.txt (aspell -c
> foo.txt), I have a problem when trying to fix a word that is mispelled.

> I can tell which word is mis-spelled because it is sarrounded by stars
> (*), but when attempting to pick one of the offered choices, I'm told
> "Sorry, this is an invalid choice." This seems to happen only with
> numerical arguments, since the letter options such as 'x' or 'b' are
> recognized.

Again assuming you are calling aspell in pipeline mode: So are you sure your
application or script sends the right characters to aspell via input pipeline?
Means does it send numerical arguments as ascii strings or as real numbers. But
it simply might be linked to the disabling of the curses lib as no interactive
interface is needed. Just for testing try to compile aspell with curses support
enabled, while still using aspell in pipeline mode, and post if the problem is
still existing or not, this at leas would help to narrow the number of possible
causes.

As I've allready state above i only can give sugestions but no real answer
(sorry).
Christoph