Re: [Aspell-user] Edit a Word?

From: Christoph Hintermüller
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Edit a Word?
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 20:07:39 +0200

Hello Doug
Am Dienstag, 8. Juli 2003 15:06 schrieb Doug Browne:
> Thanks for offering to help. Here is an example.
> I am sure there must be a simple solution. When I use Excalibur, I can
> easily produce a copy of the user dictionary that I can open with a
> word processor and then change if required.

Yes in principle it should be  the same solution. I only con tell you how
to do it under uunix/Linux but i do assume if you are using windows
version it is the same or at least simular.

in your home directory you find the following files:
aspell.<lang>.prepl
aspell.<lang>.pws

Seek your word/phrase inside them and correct or delete it.
If the word/phrase is deleted the next time aspell should complain about
it. If the word/phrase is edited/corrected aspell should complain about
the occurence of the former version.

If your word is found inside the .pws file you have to adjust the last
number on the first line to reflect the proper number of words which is

<total number of lines> - 1

as  the first line is not counted.

Further have in mind that it might be possible that Kevin or somebody
authorised by  him may change the layout of the files mentioned in future
versions of aspell.
hope that helps if you are using aspel version >= 0.50
Christoph

--
It doesn't matter what you are
it matters that you are yourself