[Aspell-user] Using the library from VB (not .NET)

From: Dan Sanders
Subject: [Aspell-user] Using the library from VB (not .NET)
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 23:59:30 -0700

Hello all,

    I am attempting to use the Aspell DLL in a VB program, (I am very
willing to release all my files once I get it working) but it hates
me.

    First I should say that I have very minimal experience using
external DLLs in vb except for Windows API, things that are
well-documented, very simple things, and my own tests. Never something
like Aspell.

    I thought it shouldn't be too hard, using the Aspell header file
and the Delphi version, nut I think that I am missing some crucial
information. Specifically, as I have not gotten very far,
new_aspell_config() is an AspellConfig struct , which is not defined
in the c header or the Delphi version. Am I missing something?

    Also, on a specifically VB note (I might have to post this to a vb
forum instead), should I use "str(0 To 3) As Byte" or "str As String *
4"?

Thank you for your time,

Dan