[Aspell-user] Some features

From: Marcus De Luigi
Subject: [Aspell-user] Some features
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 12:46:45 +0200

Hi.

I'm using aspell with LaTex and I'm noticed some missing functionality.
But perhaps it's already implemented and I didn't find it.

- In switzerland, there are 4 languages spoken. So i wan't aspell to recognize not only the german words, but also the french, italian and english words as well (the 4th language, romanic, isn't used that often). They are sometimes mixed all together in one text. - The written german of the germans contains a special character 'ß'. In swiss german, this character does not exist. We replace it with "ss". But aspell always complains about the two 's' and expects an 'ß'. - In german it is always possible to connect to substantives to create a new one. E.g. the german words "Mitarbeiter" and "Motivation" can create the new word "Mitarbeitermotivation" (which can be connected with another substantive as well). I'm no language expert, but i think in genitive, there is an 's' placed in between. Aspell does not recognize these words and always proposes to split them.

Can anybody give me a hint how to configure my aspell?

Greetings,
Marcus