[Aspell-user] Setting for Emacs OSX

From: Clytie Siddall
Subject: [Aspell-user] Setting for Emacs OSX
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:48:39 +0930

Hi again  :)

I've managed to install Emacs for the Mac OSX GUI, and I'm wrestling with its interface and huge size. :( (I need a po editor, and I don't want to run another window system.)

In the Aspell manual, in order to tell Emacs to use Aspell instead of Ispell, it says:

The easiest way to use Aspell with Emacs or XEmacs is to add this line:
(setq-default ispell-program-name "aspell")

 to the end of your .emacs file.

but Emacs OSX doesn't have an .emacs file. Can I set this preference from within the application at all? If not, which file do I edit? info.plist?

I hope this will all be worth it when I have it working. ;)

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhóm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc