Re: [Aspell-user] Licence status of Aspell dictionaries

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Licence status of Aspell dictionaries
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 18:49:51 -0600 (MDT)

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007, Dorian Lidell wrote:

Hi. I have two questions which I cannot find the answer for in the archives:

-- Are Aspell's dictionaries licensed under the same licence as Aspell is? I would like to use the Greek one for a Scrabble application that involves simple validity checking of Greek words. As long as this application is under the GPL like Aspell, then is it OK to use the list?

No, each dictionary is under it's own license.

-- Is there a way to retrieve a plaintext, LF-delimited list of words from a .rws Aspell dictionary? I've seen information on how to create .rws dictionaries from lists of words, but not vice versa.

aspell dump master