[Aspell-user] Can aspell be made to accept hyphenated words in dicts?

From: Florian v. Savigny
Subject: [Aspell-user] Can aspell be made to accept hyphenated words in dicts?
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 19:07:59 +0200

I've got another question ... since I am experimenting with sharing
personal dicts between applications, I am updating the personal user
dictionary "from outside". After doing so, however, aspell has let me
know that the character "-" is illegal in dictionaries ...

The design choice is probably sane (since hyphenated words aren't
really atomic entities), but can this be changed (I fear not)?

Best regards,
Florian