[Aspell-user] Aspell set up as external editor: upgrade to v0.60.6

From: Lester Vanhoff
Subject: [Aspell-user] Aspell set up as external editor: upgrade to v0.60.6
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 04:01:08 -0400

I have been using Aspell v0.50.3 alpha set up as "external editor"
with Xnews news reader and Xplorer2 file manager for a few years and
want to upgrade to v0.60.6. Three questions:

1) Is personal dictionary "en.pws" from the old version going to work
with the new one? If so, then which folder should it be copied to?

2) What's the command line for the new version. With v0.50.3 I
created the the following batch file "Aspell.bat":

C:\ ... \Aspell\bin\aspell.exe -c -e -x %1

and then entered the link to it in Xnews news reader:

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/3605/05282008025514ch2.png

Is this procedure going to work with v0.60.6? If so, what's the
command line to get the following parameters:

-mode=url
-mode=email
-dont-backup
-sug-mode=normal
-lang=en_GB

3) In v0.50.3 you could get the Help screen at Aspell\bin> prompt
with the following command:

aspell --help

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/916/05282008030504kq7.png

Is this the same with v0.60.6?

---------
Thanks for the answers, unfortunately I just don't have time to spend
hours studying user manual for the new version, I'd rather stay with
the old version, which, btw, works like a charm.