[Aspell-user] Custom dictionary not getting used

From: Xiang, Jiayan X
Subject: [Aspell-user] Custom dictionary not getting used
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 14:01:47 -0500

Hi, I have some problem to setup aspell to use my custom dictionary.  Below is what I did:

1) I created the word list from a text file.

aspell --lang=en create master ./en_XJY < medicalwords.txt

It compiled and created en_XJY and en_XJY.rws files.  I moved them to the directory where all the dictionaries are.

2) Then I modified my pl script (I am using speller page to call aspell)

my $lang = 'en_XJY';
my $aspell_opts = "-a --lang=$lang --encoding=utf-8";

But when I run my test, seems like aspell is still using the standard en dictionary.  Did I miss some steps?  What's the properly way to set aspell to use a custom dictionary?

Thanks.

Jiayan

The contents of this message, together with any attachments, are intended only for the use of the person(s) to which they are addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Further, any medical information herein is confidential and protected by law. It is unlawful for unauthorized persons to use, review, copy, disclose, or disseminate confidential medical information. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately advise the sender and delete this message and any attachments. Any distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachment, is prohibited.