Re: [Aspell-user] Custom dictionary not getting used

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Custom dictionary not getting used
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:06:48 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009, Xiang, Jiayan X wrote:

Hi, I have some problem to setup aspell to use my custom dictionary.
Below is what I did:

1) I created the word list from a text file.

aspell --lang=en create master ./en_XJY < medicalwords.txt

It compiled and created en_XJY and en_XJY.rws files.  I moved them to
the directory where all the dictionaries are.

2) Then I modified my pl script (I am using speller page to call aspell)

my $lang = 'en_XJY';
my $aspell_opts = "-a --lang=$lang --encoding=utf-8";

You need to use "-d" not "--lang".