Re: [Aspell-user] English Dictionary Install Problem

From: Zhu, Harry
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] English Dictionary Install Problem
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 15:25:06 +0000

Hi Kevin,

> On Jan 29, 2017, at 10:14 AM, Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On 01/29/2017 09:42 AM, Zhu, Harry wrote:
>
>> My OS: Mac Sierra
>> Install file: aspell6-en-2017.01.22-0.tar.bz2
>> Problem: ./config trying to locate files in /usr/bin and /usr/lib, but my
>> files are in /usr/local/bin (and lib)
>>

>> The 2007-01-22 English dictionary tar file’s ./configure command outputs
>> this:
>>
>> Finding Dictionary file location ... /usr/lib/aspell-0.60
>> Finding Data file location ... /usr/lib/aspell-0.60
>>
>> When I run make, I get the following error:
>> /usr/local/bin/prezip-bin -d < en-common.cwl | /usr/local/bin/aspell
>> --lang=en create master ./en-common.rws
>> Error: The file "/usr/lib/aspell-0.60/iso-8859-1.cset" can not be opened for
>> reading.
>> make: *** [en-common.rws] Error 1
>

> It looks like Aspell is somehow misconfiguration.  What is the output of
> "/usr/local/bin/aspell dump config"?
>

> Kevin

[Not sure I am using the mailing list correctly, i.e., if a thread will be
created and archived when I hit reply in my email client…If not, please kindly
let me know and I will repost the dump so it gets archived and shared with the
community. ]
The dump is shown below. I see that my /usr/local is directory is not in the
dump. Help of correcting the problem is greatly appreciated.
Thank you. - Harry Zhu

Here is the dump of config:

# conf (string)
#   main configuration file
# default: aspell.conf

# conf-dir (string)
#   location of main configuration file
# default: <prefix:etc> = /usr/etc

# data-dir (string)
#   location of language data files
# default: <prefix:lib/aspell-0.60> = /usr/lib/aspell-0.60

# dict-alias (list)
#   create dictionary aliases

# dict-dir (string)
#   location of the main word list
# default: <data-dir> = /usr/lib/aspell-0.60

# encoding (string)
#   encoding to expect data to be in
# default: !encoding = UTF-8

# filter (list)
#   add or removes a filter

# filter-path (list)
#   path(s) aspell looks for filters

# mode (string)
#   filter mode
# default: url

# extra-dicts (list)
#   extra dictionaries to use

# home-dir (string)
#   location for personal files
# default: <$HOME|./> = /Users/mrzhu

# ignore (integer)
#   ignore words <= n chars
# default: 1

# ignore-case (boolean)
#   ignore case when checking words
# default: false

# ignore-repl (boolean)
#   ignore commands to store replacement pairs
# default: false

# keyboard (string)
#   keyboard definition to use for typo analysis
# default: standard

# lang (string)
#   language code
# default: <language-tag> = en_US

# local-data-dir (string)
#   location of local language data files
# default: <actual-dict-dir> = /usr/lib/aspell-0.60/

# master (string)
#   base name of the main dictionary to use
# default: <lang> = en_US

# normalize (boolean)
#   enable Unicode normalization
# default: true

# norm-required (boolean)
#   Unicode normalization required for current lang
# default: false

# norm-form (string)
#   Unicode normalization form: none, nfd, nfc, comp
# default: nfc

# norm-strict (boolean)
#   avoid lossy conversions when normalization
# default: false

# per-conf (string)
#   personal configuration file
# default: .aspell.conf

# personal (string)
#   personal dictionary file name
# default: .aspell.<lang>.pws = .aspell.en_US.pws

# prefix (string)
#   prefix directory
# default: /usr

# repl (string)
#   replacements list file name
# default: .aspell.<lang>.prepl = .aspell.en_US.prepl

# run-together (boolean)
#   consider run-together words legal
# default: false

# run-together-limit (integer)
#   maximum number that can be strung together
# default: 2

# run-together-min (integer)
#   minimal length of interior words
# default: 3

# save-repl (boolean)
#   save replacement pairs on save all
# default: true

# set-prefix (boolean)
#   set the prefix based on executable location
# default: true

# size (string)
#   size of the word list
# default: +60

# sug-mode (string)
#   suggestion mode
# default: normal

# sug-edit-dist (integer)
#   edit distance to use, override sug-mode default
# default: 1

# sug-typo-analysis (boolean)
#   use typo analysis, override sug-mode default
# default: true

# sug-repl-table (boolean)
#   use replacement tables, override sug-mode default
# default: true

# sug-split-char (list)
#   characters to insert when a word is split

# use-other-dicts (boolean)
#   use personal, replacement & session dictionaries
# default: true

# variety (list)
#   extra information for the word list

# warn (boolean)
#   enable warnings
# default: true

# affix-compress (boolean)
#   use affix compression when creating dictionaries
# default: false

# clean-affixes (boolean)
#   remove invalid affix flags
# default: true

# clean-words (boolean)
#   attempts to clean words so that they are valid
# default: false

# invisible-soundslike (boolean)
#   compute soundslike on demand rather than storing
# default: false

# partially-expand (boolean)
#   partially expand affixes for better suggestions
# default: false

# skip-invalid-words (boolean)
#   skip invalid words
# default: true

# validate-affixes (boolean)
#   check if affix flags are valid
# default: true

# validate-words (boolean)
#   check if words are valid
# default: true

# backup (boolean)
#   create a backup file by appending ".bak"
# default: true

# byte-offsets (boolean)
#   use byte offsets instead of character offsets
# default: false

# guess (boolean)
#   create missing root/affix combinations
# default: false

# keymapping (string)
#   keymapping for check mode: "aspell" or "ispell"
# default: aspell

# reverse (boolean)
#   reverse the order of the suggest list
# default: false

# suggest (boolean)
#   suggest possible replacements
# default: true

# time (boolean)
#   time load time and suggest time in pipe mode
# default: false