Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/ChangeLog

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/ChangeLog
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 22:22:22 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * Ralf Angeli (2006-05-25) writes:
>
>> Anyway, I had to abort the release because I saw that my last code
>> change in font-latex.el broke font locking on XEmacs and I wasn't
>> able to fix this right away.  I still don't know what the problem
>> exactly is because the damn thing doesn't throw an error.  The only
>> thing I found out is that it is related to the `TeX-style-list'
>> call and I am a bit afraid that it might have undesirable effects
>> for Emacs as well.
>
> Should be fixed now.

Well, I got the preview.sty fix in as well.  So we basically have
remaining on the wishlist some testing, if people would do that:

a) RPMs
b) XEmacs packaging
c) functionality in Emacs 21.4, CVS, XEmacs-whatever

With regard to the RPMs: it might be a good idea to provide a
successor package to preview-latex-styles or whatever distributions
chose to call it, for the sake of LyX etc.  It turns out that
preview.sty gets explicitly removed from the teTeX-3.0 RPMs for the
sake of whatever old package provided preview.sty and friends in the
TeX tree.

While we are not necessarily the right address to sort this mess out,
it would seem that a purely optional package could do no harm (famous
last words).