[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Upcoming 11.83 release

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Upcoming 11.83 release
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 01:19:04 +0200

On Sat, May 27 2006, David Kastrup wrote:

> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:
>> On Thu, May 25 2006, David Kastrup wrote:
>>> a) RPMs
>>> b) XEmacs packaging
>>> c) functionality in Emacs 21.4, CVS, XEmacs-whatever
>>
>> I could probably can look at a), b) and do a little Emacs 21 testingĀ¹
>> within the next week.
>
> In that case, I think it a good idea to delay the release a few more
> days.  It saves us trouble if we can tell people that the RPMs can be
> built straight from the spec in the tarball.

Done.  I could build (SUSE 9.2) and install (SUSE 9.2, 10.0) the RPM
successfully.  AUCTeX (incl. preview-latex) are correctly activated.
I didn't do much testing.  Maybe tomorrow^Wlater today.

> And it is also a good thing if we can announce RPM and XEmacs
> package availability and download locations simultaneously with the
> release.

The xemacs-package also builds successfully.  I didn't try to install
it.  XEmacs users might want to test the package from my snapshot
directory:
http://theotp1.physik.uni-ulm.de/~ste/comp/emacs/auctex/snapshots/

> And similarly with the precompiled Emacs for Windows.  So when the
> thing tests out satisfactorily and packages satisfactorily sometime
> next week, then I'd suggest tagging it.  People then rebuild and
> upload the various packages under their subvision, and hen
> everything has been uploaded, the announcements will go out.
>
> Sounds like a reasonable plan?

Yes.

Bye, Reiner.
--