[AUCTeX-devel] Manage auto insertion of labels

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Manage auto insertion of labels
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 20:18:36 +0200

Hi list,

`LaTeX-label' function always inserts labels, but I don't like this
behavior since I want to automatically add labels for some but not all
environments.

The attached patch introduces a new customizable option to manage the
behavior of `LaTeX-label'.  This can be either a boolean or a cons
cell.  When the variable is a boolean, t makes `LaTeX-label' always
insert labels, otherwise with a nil value a label will never be
inserted.  To add a more fine-grained control, the variable can also
be a whitelist or a blacklist, the details are in the documentation of
the variable.  The default value is t, so there won't be any change in
the default behavior.

What do you think?

Bye,
Mosè