Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Manage auto insertion of labels

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Manage auto insertion of labels
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 14:25:07 +0200

>> Anyway, I hope there won't be many people wanting to label `\section'
>> but not the `section' environment ;-)
>
> Yes, exactly. Of course there are macros (and corresponding
> environments) that can have labels, but it would be nice to not restrict
> youself to only macros or environments, both can have labels.

Ok, a possibility would be to change the value accepted by
`LaTeX-insert-label' to, e.g,

    (t . ("section" . section) ("subsection" . environment))

so each element of the CDR is a cons, whose CAR is the name of the
macro/environment, and the CDR is the type.  The `LaTeX-label'
function must be changed to take a second mandatory argument
specifying the type of the macro/environment to be labeled.  I'd
prefer to avoid this, as it makes `LaTeX-insert-label' more
complicated, but it's the only solution I envisage to support both
macros and environments.  What do you think?

Bye,
Mosè