Re: [AUCTeX-devel] patch for exam class

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] patch for exam class
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 14:05:27 +0000

>>> "Arash" == Arash Esbati <address@hidden> writes:

Hi

   > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:
   >> Hi it seems that I sent this patch to the wrong list.

   > I'm not an exam user, but I think it would be nice if you add some code
   > in order to get "question" and "part" et al. inserted as an item while
   > you are in the respective environment.

Yes, I know, I think Mosè suggested something like this. I looked a bit
into it and found it too complicated (for me) for the functionality it
provides.
So thanks very much for providing that code!

   > You need to define a function like `LaTeX-exam-insert-item' and hook it
   > into AUCTeX.  Some other comments are below:

   > You don't need `TeX-arg-examn-points'.  Adding ["Points"] suffices.

ok

   >> +    '("subpart" TeX-arg-examn-points 0)
   >> +    '("subsubpart" TeX-arg-examn-points 0)
   >> +    '("question"  ["Points"] reftex-label)

   > Please don't use `reftex-label'.  Non Reftex-user will get an error.
   > `TeX-arg-ref' does the right thing here.

Yeah. For me reftex+auctex are a unity. It is difficult for me to think
that there are auctex users who do not use reftex, but you are right of
course.

   > AUCTeX has a compat function `TeX-read-string'.  You should use that
   > one.

Ok thanks again for all your work. I will test that and report back.

Uwe