[a new branch?] (was: Output to directory patch)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [a new branch?] (was: Output to directory patch)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 21:14:12 +0100

>>> "IK" == Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> writes:

> Hi Al,
>> Let me try to explain what my concern is.

[Snip]...

>> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/haji-ali/auctex/tex-build-only/etc/auctex-output-dir.patch

> I'll take a look, but I'm not currently inclined to incorporate it...
> (Sorry, Uwe.)

That is a real pity. I have to admit, that for me my workflow can be
dived in the time before Al's patch and the time after it.

I lately have a lot of (mercurial) repositories for Latex projects, that
include quite a bit of files, so to keep that directory tidy I find very
useful.

May I suggest something? Why not give Al write access to the repository
so that he can have his code in a new  branch?

That would allow users to pull (clone) and to switch to Al's branch in a
much easier way, as it is done today.

It would maybe also increase the base of possible testers, so that we
can see whether your worries (and I have to admit you know the code much
better as I do) will lead to problems, and then may be some day Al after
these problems are ironed out he could merge his branch into master.

What do you and other developers say?

Regards

Uwe