Re: Font lock is slow for large doctex document

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Font lock is slow for large doctex document
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 20:14:32 +0900

Hi Arash, thanks for your response.

> I'm not really familiar with writing .dtx files, so others can comment,
> but looking at dtxtut.pdf ([1], page 21), it says:

Thank you for providing a pointer to a good material.

>     Although commentary really belongs only in the typeset documentation,
>     it is also possible to write comments that are visible only in the
>     .sty file, in both the typeset documentation and the .sty file, or
>     only in the .dtx source.  Table 3 shows how to control comment
>     visibility.

>        Table 3: Comment visibility
>     ===================================
>     Appears   Appears   Mechanism
>     in docs   in.sty
>     -------- --------- ----------------
>        N         N      % ^^A (comment)

>        N         Y      % \iffalse
>                         %% (comment)
>                         % \fi

>        Y         N      % (comment)
>        Y         Y      %% (comment)
>     ===================================

> You can also have a situation where you have more than one % at line
> beginning.

[...]

> WDYT, does it make sense?

If I understand correctly, a line with more than one % at its beginning
in .dtx file turns into, in .sty file, a line with at least one % at its
beginning. So it can appear inside math expression even in the generated
.sty file, can't it?

Regards,
Ikumi Keita