Re: Font lock is slow for large doctex document

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Font lock is slow for large doctex document
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 12:58:21 +0200

Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> writes:

>> I'm not really familiar with writing .dtx files, so others can comment,
>> but looking at dtxtut.pdf ([1], page 21), it says:
>
> Thank you for providing a pointer to a good material.

You're welcome.

>> You can also have a situation where you have more than one % at line
>> beginning.
>
> If I understand correctly, a line with more than one % at its beginning
> in .dtx file turns into, in .sty file, a line with at least one % at its
> beginning.

Yepp, this is also my understanding.  I've prepared a test .dtx file
which is attached.  The corresponding .ins file is also attached.  Run
`pdftex dtx-test.ins' and have a look at the .sty file.  I think the
bottom line is something like this in .dtx is valid:

%% c$

and this not:

%%
%% c$